Your tree care needs might be a one-time job, such as taking down a tree, or the long-term maintenance of the trees, shrubs and woody plants that live in your landscape. Hiring a professional tree care company is the best way to ensure that the job gets done correctly and efficiently.
There are several ways you could approach the process for selecting a tree care company:
- Price comparison – does price affect your decision?
- Informational inquiry – do you need more in-depth information than you were able to find online on your own?
- Direct purchase – do you need to react quickly (i.e.: storm damage cleanup), or do you just want to know that the job gets done and want to trust the team that does it?
Regardless of your reasons for hiring a tree care company and how you approach the process, we recommend that you start by finding a qualified tree care company in your area. Professional arborists have the knowledge, training and equipment necessary to handle even the most dangerous tree care tasks, and can work with you to determine the best solutions for keeping your trees, shrubs and landscape healthy.
Things you may consider when hiring an arborist:
- Do you need to shop around? This is quite common – only you know what your budget is,
unless you decide to share this information with the tree care company (or companies) you’re considering.
- Are they open to answering your questions? Just like your teacher always said, there’s no such thing as a stupid question. It’s okay to ask the experts! Arborists want to help you
maintain a safe and beautiful landscape.
- Are they insured? If you do a zip code search, any tree care company that shows up on the list of results will have the appropriate insurance.
- Do they have certifications, credentials and industry memberships listed on their website?
Proper tree work requires specific knowledge and training, just like any other profession. Remember… you get what you pay for! When it comes to the tough stuff, you
should feel confident in the crew that you’re hiring.
Use TCIA’s search tool to hire a professional arborist or tree care company.